Faculty, Staff and Retirees
Health Promotion and Wellness serves as the campus resource for wellness and preventive health by leading health promotion action at Illinois State University. A vibrant and engaged workforce furthers a wellness-centered culture on campus.
Health Promotion and Wellness Resources for Faculty, Staff and Retirees
Learn about the necessary resources to create a healthy and supportive work environment.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Everyone who lives, learns, and works at Illinois State University will thrive in a culture of well-being.
To drive health promotion initiatives that advance the well-being of students and employees at Illinois State University.
Health Promotion and Wellness staff value supporting the connection between determinants of health, social justice, and health equity. As a department our work directly supports the Division of Student Affairs commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Principles of Practice
- Programs and services address the health and wellness needs of students, staff, and faculty.
- Programs and services are theory-based, evidence-informed, and designed to meet needs identified through data.
- Program planning and evaluation considers the diverse needs of the campus, with particular attention to historically excluded and high risk populations.
- Collaboration with campus and community stakeholders is integral to program effectiveness.
- Effective health communication and marketing practices advance wellbeing.
- Behavior change occurs on the individual and community level. To change behavior we use educational and environmental strategies.
- Staff integrate cultural competency, social justice, and health equity concepts into programs and services.