Do you have questions regarding sexual health you'd like to discuss?
Health Promotion and Wellness provides an open-minded and positive approach intended to support and help with your feelings and decisions about your sexuality. A certified health education specialist is available to assist you with a variety of issues, including:
- HIV/AIDS and STDs/STI's (sexually transmitted infections)
- contraception, including emergency contraception and condom use
- ways to make sex safer, more meaningful, and better
- building intimacy in a relationship
- becoming comfortable with your sexuality
- how to talk to your partner about sex
- ways to be intimate without having sex
- other sexual health issues that may be relevant
Workshops for groups or appointments for individuals and/or partners are available. All appointments are free and confidential.
Resources for Sexual Health and Talking with your Partner
- I Wanna Know- sexual health for young adults.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- effective strategies to reduce the risk of STIs.
- It's Your Sex Life- talking to your partner about sex.
- Planned Parenthood- information on birth control, STIs, and more.
- Bedsider-online birth control support network for young adult women.
- American Sexual Health Association- comprehensive sexual health information.
- Mayo Clinic Testicular Cancer resource pageand discusses how to conduct a self-exam.