Getting sick isn't on any one's To Do list. Follow these easy tips to help keep yourselves and others healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water, particularly after you use the restroom and before you eat.
- When washing your hands, use soap and warm water. Rub your hands together vigorously for at least 20 seconds, or about as long as it takes to say your ABC's.
- Keep hand sanitizer on you at all times to use when you cannot use soap and water to wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your nose and mouth as much as possible.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, ideally with a tissue or the inside of your arm. Then, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid sharing personal items such as cups, drinks, make up, cell phones, food, etc.
- Stay home from class or work if you feel sick.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, tables, counters, and cell phones regularly.
- Many illnesses are vaccine preventable. Make sure you are up to date!
- Students: visit Student Health Services if you feel ill. Appointments can be made online or by calling
(309) 438-APPT (2778). Not sure if you need to see a doctor? Call the Nurse Consult Line at
(309) 438-RNRN (7676).
- Faculty and staff should speak with their healthcare provider to determine if they should seek care.